Information– In general, more can be said in fewer characters in Japanese vs English, so there are some areas where abbreviations had to be used or imperfections had to be accepted. We do not have control over text placement, only content. Having said that, the following are imperfections that we decided were worth living with. Most of them involve a small problem in one area of the game caused by making the majority areas better.
1. On the save loading screen (where you pick which file you want to load), the first hero’s class “Swordsman” overlaps his level. The only way around this would be to use the 4 character abbreviations from previous games. Since this is the only place this happens, it is more valuable to have all the character’s classes spelled out in the entire rest of the game. Note that when loading a save where the hero has been promoted to “Hero”, it looks fine. Oddly enough, this issue is seen in the screenshots in the original US retail version manual. Evidently before they repositioned the text for the final release.
2. In the Status screen under Condition. When a character is affected by a status and the cure is “Antidote Herb” or “Fairy Powder”, the last letter of these 2 land a bit outside the box. Compared to the other areas of the game where these items are seen, this box (when a condition exists) is referenced relatively less.
3. On the Status screen, when scrolling to the left and right at the character select screen, the attribute names are not very well aligned with the values and LCK is overlapping MOV a bit. Again, we have to work with existing text locations.
4. On the Status screen, some text characters will disappear. This is primarily seen in the latter half of the game when the screen is very full of text. It can affect a number of characters at the end of words. Scrolling down through text usually gives one effect while scrolling up gives another. This has been minimized since it was first discovered through trial and error. The cause seems to be a limit on the number of characters that can be on screen at once. While it is unnerving to the translation team, it is unlikely to affect anyone’s experience…
5. The biographical encyclopedia (the bookcase in HQ) is in its original Japanese order, not roman alphabetical order. We have no control over this.
6. In the Premium Disc character model viewer, several of the character names run over the box a bit.